Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 2010!!!!

Happy New Year to all my current . . . and future readers!

As you recap 2009, I hope all of you find that you had a slew of fun sprinkled with much-deserved achievements. But 2009 is the past and 2010 is the present, so now is the time to make a list of the exciting things you want to achieve in the coming year. First on my list is to publish the second book in the Idlebury series titled, A Force To Be Reckoned With . . . The Story of Thane: Prince of Magic, Mayhem, and Marvelous Things. This is no small task as I haven’t completed the first draft, but I have set a deadline of March 1, 2010 for it to be done. (Yikes, I better stop blogging and get writing!) And as you writers out there already know, the first draft is only the beginning. The writing isn't done until the editing is over! The first draft of the first book in the series titled, Be Careful What You Wish For . . . The Story of: Gwendolyn the Great, Savior of Idlebury, Protector of the Universe took years to write and eight grueling months of editing, rewriting, editing, rewriting, editing, rewriting . . . Finally in October 2008 it was published. Yippee!!!! And three awards later, I can say all the hard work was worth it.

The second item on my 2010 list is to improve my website. There are a few glitches to work out, but I did achieve my 2009 goal of getting the website up and running. For those of you who are reading this blog without having gone to the website first, you can check it out at www.idleburybooks.com.

The third item on my list is to participate in more book festivals. It's great fun meeting those of you who have read my book and it's always exciting to sign copies of my book for my new readers. I hope to see you all at a book festival this year.

So as you write your 2010 "To Do" list remember to dream big, prioritize, and don't be discouraged if you don't get everything on the list done before 2011 rolls in. Just have fun, study hard, read some good books, ask for help when you need it, be kind to your family and friends, and of course, take good care of yourself.

Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment